Echieveria Lola in Madison, Wisconsin
This succulent grows in a rosette shape and is a very popular and easy to care for house plant. A new plant will grow from the tip of a healthy leaf cutting very easily. This post features the progress from one leaf cutting to three healthy succulent plants within 6 months. These we kept indoors in a dry and warm environment. The owner of these has a lot more succulents, you can follow more updates on instagram @marahjuana
The process used for propagating succulents by this owner is:
- Pluck off a leaf from original plant, ensuring you do not damage it
- Keep the leaf under indirect light until it has calloused over
- Once it has calloused over, put it under bright filtered light and mist every day until a succulent grows.
- Slowly ween off daily spraying as it gets bigger
- Once the plant is bigger, water it once weekly
If you don’t have a succulent to get you started, you can buy cuttings ready for propagation here.
See our other plant stories here